Forum Replies Created
August 7, 2015 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Hsv2 false negative? #8720BackAgainSpectator
Thank you Terri. He will call and set up a phone consultation and will get the western blot. Do you think I should get one now as well? We started being intimate around May 15. Would the test show me results from being exposed by him at this point? I imagine it may take at least two weeks to have to have the consult and recieve the kit by mail so that would add some time.
We have decided to abstain until we get the WB. He is very worried about infecting me. We are both actually struggling with this a lot. We are also considering counseling to get us through this but I’m afraid of going to someone that is not very knowledgable about the virus and the tests. Do you have any suggestions in NY?
You said that your guess was that he may actually be positive with the number over 3. Did you consider the Inhibition ELISA he had with the same sample that came back:
Hsv2 IGG Screening index: 2.65
Do you think he may actually be positive with this number as well? What’s the probability of false positive at 2.65?
Thank you again Terri.August 5, 2015 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Hsv2 false negative? #8682BackAgainSpectator
Thank you for your response Terri. How do we go about getting the WB testing done from New York?
Also, in the 2 1/2 months that we have been intimate, do you believe that I would have caught the virus if he is indeed positive? I have had no symptoms how long would it take to cause a initial outbreak? What is the likelyhood of someone catching hsv2 from someone asymptomatic?
I am concerned about what he and I should do now sexually, should we abstain? Use protection? Or should we assume that I have already been exposed, if he’s positive and just continue with our sexual activity while we pursue the WB? I understand taut condone do not fully protect from hsv
How many people in the low positive range with his numbers turn out to actually be confirmed negative with WB?
I really appreciate your time and look forward to guidance with the further testing. I will probably wait if he does the WB and see what happens because it hasn’t been the recommended 4 months since possible exposure for either of us. Is that correct?