Forum Replies Created
Hi Terri –
I had a question. I continue to test low false positive on the IGG tests but have had no known outbreaks.
My question is- since I have HSV1, if I had and HSV2 outbreak it would be non primary and easily missed. Two weeks after my risky encounter, I remember having a few red bumps on my upper thigh, they were close together. These were just bumps, not blisters, and went away in a day or two and were painless. I did also test positive for chlamydia at the time unknowingly.
My questions are:
1. could this have unknowingly been my first nonprimary outbreak?
2. Am I okay to do the western blot with over 12 weeks of no contact?
Thanks for the response Terri, I really appreciate all you do.
I retested again two weeks after and my results are this:
I honestly just retested to make sure the value didn’t rise immensely for HSV-2.
Question : Should a drop from 1.36 to 1.23 give any valid reassurance that this could be a false positive?
The supplemental is not being run by Labcorp right now for HSV2 testing which is not ideal because I know you have said in the past there is a good agreement between a negative supplemental and a W Blot.
Question: Is there a different test available you think I should try before I complete the Western Blot? I am now 10 weeks post exposure.
Thank you so much.
I renewed to ask just two more questions.
First, would a papsmear be able to detect the cellular changes related to HSV even if asymptomatic?
Second, can herpes on the penile shaft present as one singular bump? Or since it’s a singular bump would it be an ingrown hair?
Just to add to the question, would a papsmear show an abnormal result if infected with HSV2 even with no symptoms?
I just had three additional questions.
1) is testing 8 weeks after too soon and should I re test in a few weeks?
2) If my IGG value for HSV2 goes up does that mean it’s positive?
3) If one of my former partners test positive for HSV2 should I accept the result?
Thank you again.
I will wait the 12 weeks to set up the WB blot. I also wanted to mention, I tested positive for chlymidia which just came to my results. I am completely gutted that I am going through this right now it doesn’t seem real.
1) would this additional STI have an affect on my eligibility for WB blot? (I will take an antibiotic to get rid of it)
2) would I be able to work with you and your study to do the WB blot do you think?
Thank you so much!