Forum Replies Created
Thanks for your previous replies. Although it has been almost two months since our last conversations, I am still on an emotional rollercoaster.
Again, I have never observed sores around my lips or penis, but I feel tingling and itching sensations around lips or penis occasionally. As I mentioned in my previous posting, I got negative results for both HSV1 and HSV2 when I got the IgG test. I even visited a urology hospital to check my prostate, but it turned out that there is no issue at all. Accordingly, I am still concerned about my symptoms because you mentioned that the IgG test misses 30% of HSV1 and 8% of HSV2.
Based on our previous conversation and my current situation, I have following questions:
1. In your career, have you ever seen or heard of someone acquiring herpes either on oral or genital has not developed sores at all (only tingling and itching sensations)?
2. In your career, have you ever seen or heard of someone self-infecting genital even if he or she have not developed coldsore outbreaks? (here, I assume he or she is infected orally)
3. If you saw me in your clinic in person, how would you recommend me to deal with my situation? Do you think that I need to take a western blot test?
4. If you suggest me to take a western blot test, how can I start the process?
Thanks for your help and looking forward to your reply.enprovenceParticipant
Thanks for your response.
I totally agree with your suggestions. In fact, I got my blood type specific IgG test a few days ago. I just got my results showing Negative <0.91 for both HSV-1 and HSV-2. However, I still feel tingling and itching around lips, penis, anus, groins intermittently although I have not had any blisters either around lips or penis.
1. Are there any chances that I got infected HSV, but my body has not developed enough antibodies, which may cause intermittent tingling and itching sensations but not blisters?
2. Are there any chances that the IgG test provides false Negative results? Do you think that I need to take Western Blot test in order to make sure that I am not infected?
3. If I am not infected (based on the IgG results), what can cause my tinging and itching feelings around lips, more importantly, penis and anus? Do you have any ideas? I got 10 test panel provided by stdcheck.com and everything is negative.
Thanks for your help and hope you have a great weekend.