Forum Replies Created
1. The tiny pin head blisters (maybe 5 of them) surrounded a large ulcer on my penis when I had my outbreak on 9/7.
2. I am unaware of the individual I had sex with Hsv status
3. Saturday 9/24 I begin feeling unwell again, same feeling as when had the ulcer on my penis. Chills, body aches. That evening while brushing my teeth I spit & it was complete blood. Looked my mouth and cheeks and gums were covered in spots and sores, I had no discomfort that morning and didn’t notice anything in mouth at all so I thought it was weird my mouth could be in such a bad state in a matter of 9 hrs or so. Begin acyclovir that night that I was prescribed in case of another genital outbreak. Woke up the next Morning and mouth had improved drastically assuming because of acyclovir.
4. Tuesday 9/27 was retested for everything std wise including a full hepatitis panel and Hsv igg again. This time my results were; (Hsv1 1.2 positive, Hsv2 0.22 negative) this tests would be 5 weeks out from last sexual encounter I’ve had. (All other stds were negative)
My questions are as follows;
1. Could my original genital symptoms have been an initial hsv1 outbreak and this second time in my mouth could potentially be an oral Hsv2 initial outbreak over a month after a sexual encounter? The only reason I ask is because I have felt terrible with both episodes. Chills, low grade fever, aches.. almost like this past episode with my mouth was an initial outbreak as well.
2.Could I have infected myself in the mouth when I had the genital lesions with hsv1?
3. took valacyclovir for seven days (9/7-9/14/22) after ulcer on my penis and have been on acyclovir for 6 of the 10 days I was prescribed since my mouth broke out. Is this going to have a impact on my igg results when I retest? I have been made aware by your forum that antivirals can affect igg tests? Is this correct?
4. Is it possible my mouth situation is Hsv2 and it’s taken over a month for me to have an outbreak? Or most likely hsv1?Flint-austinSpectator
Correction my Hsv2 increase would be 0.08 not 0.8 as stated above
I should mention as well that I had an igg test from same lab during an std test in may of 2022 and my Hsv2 result was a 0.16 then as well. So I know there wasn’t any increase for hsv2 from the time of possible exposure to my first test at 2 weeks. I know these test are far too early but I just really want to know if you think my Hsv1 infection is throwing off the reading for the Hsv2 results? Is that why there is a 0.08 increase in my hsv2 results?. Is that even possible? Or do you think it is possible that I was infected with both 1 and 2 and my antibodies for Hsv 2 are just not developing at the rate of my hsv1 antibodies