Forum Replies Created
Thank you for the answer, Terri.
I am just achey all over my body especially hands, feet and legs. Today it actually hurts to walk. I also get random bursts of bubbling in my buttocks area like spasm. I also never had any burning in the groin area.
My main concerns are as follows:
1. Burning in thighs. This is constant like I mentioned. Last night I put jeans on and it was very uncomfortable. Could this be post-herpetic neuralgia? I have never had this problem before and I don’t know why it’s showed up over the last 6 weeks.
2. These aches and joint pain. Have you heard of this being a symptom of herpes? Or a reactive arthritis or something triggered by herpes?
3. The last 3/4 days of numbness in my face. I read your thoughts on Bell’s palsy and it seems it’s at odds with other medical research. Would Ghsv2 cause facial numbness? Have you seen this before?
4. If those two bumps were herpes, is it possible that I haven’t had any other visible sores since and that the other symptoms is the virus going to town on my nervous system? I read in your answers that not everyone gets lesions after their initial OB.
5. Yesterday I masturbated a few times and then showered. This morning I noticed some dried up discharge on my boxers snd some under the penis head when I rolled back the foreskin. All of my urine tests have been negative (even did a stool test last week that was negative. Could this be discharge from herpes in the urethra?
6. Have you been able to coordinate westernblot from Canada? I don’t know where I would start.
To clarify, I am in Canada which is why we don’t get numerical values for the IGG test. All hsv tests (8.5 and 10 weeks) I have had were IGG.
A few other comments. Have had testicle pain on and off during this time and during the week of painful burning after urination it was consistent.
I have been seen by numerous doctors including my family doctor and he has put me on lyrica for 1.5 weeks for the nerve burning which hasn’t really helped.
I have also been on 100mg of doxy for a 1.5 weeks now.
Overall feel just terrible and this thigh pain is really causing me distress. I convinced myself it was anxiety but it’s just to real and I have been trying to go out and live life but I feel like crap. These fully body aches, joint pain etc. in fingers, and feet, leg pain, low back pain, have been driving me nuts and really causing negative thoughts.