Forum Replies Created
I just wanted to give an update on my situation. I ended up taking another IGG test with Labcorp, hoping the supplemental would be available. My index number for HSV2 dropped to 1.22 with that test. However, as you had mentioned in your response, the supplemental was not available to be performed. I ended up taking the Western Blot test as you suggested. Any lab test now was great for that. I had to drive 45 minutes, but they also had a physician there who could complete the necessary forms for me. I got my results, and it turns out that I am negative for both HSV1 and HSV2. I hope this helps others reading this to get the Western Blot test if you have a low positive index number, and/or never experienced any symptoms such as myself. I did email my physician politely to let her know, and did not receive a response.
Thank you Terri. I was convinced I had this for a couple of weeks, and your forum and website helped me take the necessary steps to find out that I actually don’t. I am pretty positive now that I don’t, but for reassurance’s sake, can you give me some statistics on the Western Blot so that I know that my negative results are very valid? Thank you.Hsv2worriedSpectator
Thank you for your response. This was my first time seeing this provider. I really only wanted something to be prescribed, and to find a GP as I didn’t have one.
I went back to discuss results 2 weeks ago, spoke to her about the Western Blot and mentioned the University of Washington. She looked at her computer and told me labcorp offered it. Gave me a piece of paper that said TEST: 081667 HSV Western Blot.
April 1st, I went to labcorp, paid $14 and got my blood drawn. Waited 11 days, only to get an email telling me
Test not performed. Specimen could not be located. Labcorp is providing the patient with re-collection instructions (not received btw). Did some more research and based on your answer, it seems that I am the one who has to order the kit? Does labcorp not actually offer this test?
How difficult, expensive, and time consuming will this all be? I do want this resolved. The University doesn’t take insurance so it’s out of pocket? Will it only be an added $100 for the 20 min conversation, to get this done through you? I’d like to do this with a trusted person, and I am losing faith in the care offered by this GP.
Finally, would you also recommend I take another IGG test with labcorp, the one with the supplemental results?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I am just lost with all this. Thank you for your help.