Forum Replies Created
January 8, 2015 at 6:27 am in reply to: timeline conflicts with outbreak #2746Tricky TimelineParticipant
1)yes I have had cold sores before when I was younger. (Starting in the Preteen years)
4) the sore was round with uneven edges and very dark grey in color. It started out as a small dark spot then morphed into the larger dark grey uneven edged sore. It was never crusty like a scab, more like gooey.
Unfortunately no swabs were done in gynocogist’s office. Because I went to the urgent care clinic first and a swab was done (even though it was bacterial and not herpes) the gynecologist didn’t do a herpes swab. In hind sight that would have been extremely helpful because I would have received my results and would know my status. Now it seems that I will need to wait before I can truly know.
A) when do you suggest that I have a second blood test? I am scheduled for an appt. This Friday which would be four weeks from outbreak, and almost eight weeks from sexual encounter.
B) is the dark grey sore typical of herpes? Or anything else you are aware of?
C) what is the connection between having a cold sore on my lip and herpes on my vaginal area? How does one affect the other. If I have cold sores on my lips can I infect my genitals?
D)just to clarify you said it is possible to not have symptoms with a first infection but to have it later. It seems that this is a fairly robust outbreak which matches first time outbreaks. Can a later outbreak be fierce like mine was?
E) I have not had any sexual encounters for ten months prior to the one on November 19 th. So I am assuming, because the IGG test came back negative I did not have a prior infection. Do you agree?
Thank you again for your forum and your invaluable information.January 7, 2015 at 12:37 am in reply to: timeline conflicts with outbreak #2686Tricky TimelineParticipant
1) No, we did not have oral sex just vaginal. Yes I have had a cold sore. As well as I can remember it was around December 21, I had one on my lip and one on my tongue. I may have had another cold sore a few weeks earlier but I cannot remember.
2) The cauliflower was more like a curved chain of three close together cream bumps. The nurse did not think it was a wart but she did scrape it for the bacterial culture on the 24th which was negative.
3) do you think the nuva ring could be a contributor?
4)To clarify one point the first sore was very dark pretty much over its entire surface.
5)In answer #2 you said it was possible to not have symptoms with first infection but get them later. I thought that the “igg” test would have detected anti bodies from an infection +/- 5 weeks prior. Do you agree?
6) What does the ig m test for. Is it not reliable?
7) Do you have any other ideas?
Thank you again.