Forum Replies Created
November 16, 2015 at 12:24 pm in reply to: Question about results #10655
Wanted to wait for about a month to write again. If I need to renew please let me know and will do immediately.
Hope ypu remember my case or hope you can recall by skimming to our conversation. Anyways, I was wondering that due to my doze of acyclovir 3 weeks…could it take another 3-4 months for reliable results or 13-14 weeks as you have previously stated… and how about the WB cause if I continue getting negatives its either i don’t have it or I’m on the 2% that misses this test (last test HSV2 IGG .10 Solstas Lab.) 8 weeks after exposure.November 6, 2015 at 11:16 am in reply to: Question about results #10487
Regarding my new result on HSV IGG .10 (previous.17) what can you say about this, is this normal or it dosent really matter if it goes up or down.
After several years, could be possible that The IGG dosent show up on the body anymore? In case I really have it and just atypical what can I do? no lesions but weird sensations all over my body, and blood still negative.November 4, 2015 at 4:15 pm in reply to: Question about results #10439
Well got results back agin from Solstas negative HSV2 IGG .10 (8weeks after exposure) been off acyclovir since oct 14 (20 days on it) still no lesions. I’m getting tested again at the end of the month and ordering a WB.
The only thing that concerns me is the signs such as muscular pain and sore throat and fatigue.
1. I wonder if these are truly signs for a persistent 1 month outbreak or could be just I don’t develop lesions. Could I have it and just not showing up in my blood?
2.As I understand during the outbreak, your body is already fighting the infection, if this is the case it should show up in my blood right?
3. My testosterone is low (clinically tested, levels low) probably cause all the stress and depression that I’m going through right now. Could these actually affect my blood work or alter my immune system, therefore not creating antibodies?
4. On an optimistic scenario, 8 weeks after exposure what are the chances of staying negative?
Thank you for all the time and effort that you put on answering all the questions.November 2, 2015 at 5:47 am in reply to: Question about results #10387
Regarding the seroconverison, just wondering how it works and i have read that there is people that never test positive but have HSV, and that is because they don’t create enough amount of antibodies, or fall in the category of the people that the test misses. is this true?
is there a possibility that you could have hsv2 for several years and never show any symptom and never infect a partner without meds or preservatives?
I have a follow up doc app this week and will be tested again with solstas, Ill let you know the results. I wonder if you have tons of patient that think they have it, and they really don’t but are so worried and stress about it that even imagine some of those symphtoms and just can let it go.October 28, 2015 at 10:29 am in reply to: Autoinoculation #10328
1. Regarding to your post #10297, do you suggest waiting another whole 13-14 weeks? (exposure occurred at the beginning of September) so it would be best to wait till May? or the original 12 mark late November. Ill be taking Heprselct and WB.
2.Do you know where can I get the rapid test?
3.Is it possible that i could develop an herpes simplex encephalitis, due to a first episode of hsv 2 (assuming I have it) guess that could explain, the general numbness and tinlging on my face, also the muscular pain.
4.O hav a strep troath(got it swabbed), could this be a symptom of an outbreak or be triggered by the weakness of my immune system fighting the new HSV infection.October 26, 2015 at 5:40 am in reply to: Autoinoculation #10297
1.Regarding swab, is there anyway I could get swab without a physical symptom such as a sore or cut, Right know my throat is red as when i get a strep throat, could I have it swabbed?
2. I just got result from quest again it came back negative, (6 weeks after exposure) it dosent have INdex value it only says reference range 0.89 which I don’t know if its the same. the same value as the first test that I had a week after the exposure. A different test that I had on another doctor came back wit an index value of .17 Im wondering if Quest never put an actual index value or if Index value and Reference Range are the same thing,
3. Regarding the urine test that I had its supposed to look for “This panel utilizes TEM-PCR to detect molecular targets that identify:
Herpes Simplex Virus type 1
Herpes Simplex Virus type 2
4. Is there a connection between HSV 2 and Erectyle disfuction or low testosterone? I noticed that my erections are not as strong and not even have an morning erection.October 23, 2015 at 3:05 pm in reply to: Autoinoculation #10241
Thank u terry,
Well regarding aacyclovir was on it for give it or take 20 days(with an inter-lapse of 3-4 days) got results yesterday again from Quest and its negative but still waiting for the value.(after 6-7 days without the meds)
Regarding the predome phase and nerve pain i have been feeling numb and tinlging all over my body, scalp lips nose, for several days now, even on eyelids… could that be a nerve thing being afected by the HSV2? I feel like my upper jaw an my scalp is numb
if it really is HSV 1/2 how long after the tingling would I have physical symptoms? been 6 weeks now after the exposure and not a blister or sore have come up, guess thats a good sign (genital/oral)October 22, 2015 at 9:02 am in reply to: Autoinoculation #10199
Thank you…regarding the
1.- possible autoinoculation is it possible for me to spread the virus to other parts of my body without an actual sore or blister?
2.-no possibilities of getting nerve pain due to HSV2?
3.- she said she doesn’t have hsv 1, that she has never had a sore on her mouth, however Im sure she has given oral sex to her previous partners. In this case could she have oral hsv2 and pass it to me by kissing. considering that most likely she has performed unprotected oral.
4.- How high are the chances that my blood work was impacted by the medication.
5. Have you heard about a Urine test fpr herpes done by Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.?
6. Can you recommend a specialist on the Atlanta area?October 21, 2015 at 1:16 pm in reply to: results back form Quest Diag. #10180
i was on acyclovir for almost 20 days, i reently got testd aging and been 8 days without the meds…lets see what the results say, I let you know…October 13, 2015 at 8:43 am in reply to: results back form Quest Diag. #10045
Again sorry to ask but acyclovir could definitely be one of the reasons the value went down right? I also have notice change on my skin at the top of my pennies but if im taking acyclovir i should be getting any outbreaks…. they look kind of wattery bubbles but not yellow nor white, they are there, but cant even notice that they would breakout.October 13, 2015 at 8:30 am in reply to: results back form Quest Diag. #10041
My last sexual contact was on labor day weekend, i WAS WEARING A CONDOM AND WE HAD anal sex, she has HSV 2 and its on medication….like I said this last test was about 2 weeks after the intercourse…my previous post was titled “possible-hsv2-negative-blood-work-no-blisters-no-rash-but-pain-on genitals”. I got a nother test on october 6 and it also came back negative with a .17 for IGGon HSV2.October 8, 2015 at 9:52 am in reply to: Possible HSV2 Negative blood work, no blisters, no rash, but pain on genitals #9958
So in this case I should stop taking the acyclovir and just wait to see if I get symptoms? No I never used this condom before. D you think the pain localized on my pennies is due to the medicine or thats definitely HSV2. its kind of like muscular pain not a rash pain. Bout the medicine reaction, don’t know if its due to acyclovir or herpes symptoms with a lower intensity due to the medicine.