Forum Replies Created
To summarize my questions:
1. Are outbreaks common in the scrotum?
2. Does this warrant more testing?
Again, this was not a “rash” but a red skin on my lower testicle that for some reason was moist or “sweaty”
Thanks Terri. I’m not sure if that was my last question or if I am allowed more. If my subscription was over and there was just no indication in your last response, please disregard this and don’t answer as I’ve spent too much money on this herpes scare haha.
I just need to clarify on something. I asked you what would you do if you were in my shoes, and you said since it was just a pimple that wasn’t in a great time frame (7 weeks) and a negative IGG, you recommended moving on with my life and assuming I’m herpes free. However in my last follow up if I interpreter you correctly you said you can’t confirm that it’s ethical for me to continue normally with my sex life. This confuses me because when I say move on with my life that Definitely includes my sex life. Sorry for the miscommunication and if my subscriptions up please don’t answer I’m just confused with the forum. Thanks.
Thanks for the response Terri and just a few follow up questions to end my subscription. Also the information information I found for #2 regarding viral shedding was posted here http://www.healthassist.net/conditions/herpes.shtml
1. If I had contracted oral and genital herpes at the same time, would I have had my outbreak at the same time? I read this to be true on the British herpes website and wondered if you can confirm this.
2. Will a herpes blister develop unnoticed with no pain/feeling in a matter of an hour or two? During this time I was anxiously checking my genitals every few hours and I found this pimple after seeing nothing just a few hours back.
3. At this point, with all of the medical advice against herpes I’ve received through my pictures along with a negative IGG test at 12 weeks, is it completely ethical to have sex without any sort of disclosure?
Also, can you provide me with a link including the western blot exact price and how to order it through my doctor? Thanks.
When I say “herpes free” I mean genital hsv1. I’ve never had vaginal sex. Also never had a cold sore until whatever these things were on my mouth corners.
1. When you say the test misses 30% do you mean like if it misses it on a certain person the IGG just can’t detect antibodies in that certain person. As in if I were to take IGG test again would it still not show if I had it or would I most likely get the correct result? I hope that makes since.
2. I have read on credible sites that genital hsv1 only viral sheds AT ALL in 25% of people with it. Is this true?
3. Like I mentioned I wish to one day take the western blot but as of now it would be hard due to money and location. Also my family honestly thinks I’m mentally ill after mentioning taking another test. So basically what I’m getting at is if you were in my shoes based on everything I’ve told you, would you truly trust the IGG at 12 weeks and completely move on with life?
I hope you remember our previous conversation on askexpertsnow and I look forward to hearing your thoughts after hearing my test results. This situation has honestly ruined my happiness. Being just a 20 year old male this raised pimple on my shaft has mentally exhausted me and I feel that I’m not living my life right.